Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, October 11, 2010

10 on 10, the day after edition...

10 on 10 : October 10th, 2010
Take a photo every hour for ten consecutive hours on the tenth of each month. Document a day of your life and find beauty among the ordinary moments.

I discovered 10 on 10 at my friend Mel's blog and thought 10/10/10 was the perfect day to join in the fun!
I came downstairs early in the morning and found these two beauties admiring the massive wild turkeys in our backyard...

I was en route to this bad boy, which has been sitting, unopened, in the cabinet since May, perhaps April, because I was determined to make a decent roast...

I finally remembered to take a picture of what I wore to church for the Pleated Poppy's WIWW...

Getting lunch ready- homemade pizza- yum!

Missy, one of my great friends from high school and college, drove up to visit us today...

We headed out to a local farm where Missy (she is linked on my right sidebar- she is an incredible photographer!) took this family photo...

After wandering around for an hour, we decided to pose and have Bill take some fun shots of us...

Speed-browning the roast, and then speed-cooking at 50 degrees higher to hurry up the process (yes, the crockpot is still in the unopened box, ha!)...

We had quite a spread an hour and a half later (I was a bit preoccupied and didn't get pictures of everyone assembling our yummy apple crisp...

We said goodbye to Missy, got the kiddos ready for bed, and I spent some time writing while Bill watched TV; the laptop arrived on Saturday morning- it was a gift to encourage me to finish my book.  The flexibility is awesome!  I know Bill didn't have to get this for me, so I feel very special and cared for because he supports me and my dreams!

I know I'm a bit late posting this, but hey!  I was working till late last night!  :)

5 comments:

mel @ the larson lingo said...

yay! so glad you did 10 on 10! Isnt it fun? Hooray for a new laptop! And, love all the fall color in the trees...our trees haven't really changed colors yet!

Ryan V. said...

haha That's funny about the roast and croc pot! Croc pot is the only way I can make a roast. Just put it in there in the morning, with some potatoes and carrots and it's perfect for dinner! And your family pic is great. The background is beautiful. I used to live in kentucky and I miss the leaves changing like that. I live in phoenix now and our fall scenery is palm trees, cacti, and dirt... :/

Jenny said...

LOVE this idea!!! What a creative post!

Marcia said...

That is a very cool idea! Isn't it funny how there is so much day-to-day that we don't capture, but I think it'll be fun for the kids to know about when they are older. I had a good crack-up about your slow cooker STILL being in the box. At my house I cut out recipes, but Chris never makes them. HAHA!

I'm so happy for you for getting a laptop. Yes, they do make life much easier!

Marcia said...

Oh, I meant to add that I love your sweater that your wore to church!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...