Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Fall Traditions

Ever since...well, ever, we've been driving an hour north to the White Mountains each fall.  It never disappoints!

Yesterday we were so excited that Bill had surprised us by taking the day off from work- the boys had no school- and we headed out!  This is what it looked like from inside the van as we neared the official White Mountain National Forest region...

Awesome doesn't even begin to describe it, right?
I wish I had my old, larger picture format back, but this will have to do for now.

Storm clouds began rolling in, but only directly overhead- it looked really neat!
Bill was explaining the purple mountains phenomenon, which of course led to much singing!  :)

So Cool!  Coming round the corner...the couple in the parked car were doing the same thing I was- trying to capture it all!


**I am having some serious issues with blogger today, but I'll publish this first part regardless**

Happy Saturday Everyone!

1 comment:

Marcia said...

I am so stinking envious it's not even funny. EVERY SINGLE YEAR I say I want to drive up and take photos of the foliage and EVERY SINGLE YEAR I just can't seem to fit it in. I'm glad you had a great day with your family and enjoyed the beauty of New England.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...