Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Hijackings and Hearts

I was really really surprised when I opened up my blog Tuesday morning and saw that there was a new post written...only I wasn't the one who had written it! My heart literally skipped a beat as soon as I began reading ~ actually I was shocked! And I think it's just about the sweetest thing I've ever read.

I know some people don't enjoy Valentine's day because of past wounds and such, but even on days when I was single, I was fortunate enough to get fussed over by my Dad, so it was always a happy day for me. Now that I'm a wife and Mom, I really enjoy trying to make the day extra special for them.

Ready for preschool with Valentines!
 {I totally recycled this outfit from last year, but I just love it! My good friend Kylee made the adorable barrette ~ thankyou!~ for Isabelle for her birthday, so at least she had on something new, ha!}
AND...how cute are those ponytails! Squeal!

Oh wait, I'm getting ahead of myself...
these two cuties had the first shift of our special breakfast
 {Cinnamon sugar french toast...yum!...and heart-shaped cantaloupes with berries and pink milk, of course}
 Second shift!
I don't have a picture of Ethan to share because someone decided to eat breakfast in his skivvies, ha!

My kitchen looked like a small army went to war in there by the time I was finished, and I was getting a bit, well, frenzied. I don't handle messy chaos-type stuff very well, and I just happened to be in the middle of painting the whole kitchen and hallway, so EVERYTHING from the walls was invading every ounce of table and counter space I had. Not pretty. Not pretty at all. But the smiles were worth it!

As for the kitchen...there has been some drama. Let's leave it at that for now.

 This last picture is from a little hike we took last week. I love how bright all of Isabelle's colors look.
 I don't remember why, but Bill worked from home that day, and it was such a beautiful day out we had to get outside for some fresh air. This trail follows the Merrimack River and is one of our favorites.
 While it looks completely snowy here, most everyone's yard is completely bare! Definitely NOT a typical winter in central New Hampshire! I'm just hoping we don't get dumped with powder in the middle of April when we're all going nuts with spring fever.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

I have to admit, when I saw your picture of Vday breakfast on Facebook I started to feel like the biggest loser of a parent. I didn't do anything special for my kids. I love Isabella's outfit. Adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...