Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I felt like such a cool Mom today when I...

...bought my very first snowboard!
Watch out below, that's all I'm gonna say!  =)

Okay, so it's for the boys, but still...I felt pretty cool.
I know, I know, that probably is a very clear example of how uncool I am.
Uncool but happy happy! And I may just get myself back out there on the slopes this year too! So, yeah, watch out!

We met Bill after work yesterday to check out a new hiking trail, and the drive through the town was so so pretty! Lots of farmland and pastures...I cannot wait to see it again once things green up! There were lots of metal sap buckets hanging from ginormous Maple trees, the kind with the covers, and when we asked Isabelle if she knew what they were for, she smirked as if the answer was obvious to anyone with a pulse and replied, "Yeah, so you can throw away your trashes in da woods."  HaHaHa

They had a wigwam!

It was really neat!
 I just had to include this one because he looks so cute...and his actions of late haven't been terribly cute so it's a good reminder that he is still my charming little boy.

We got to walk right through the wetlands on these boardwalks- so cool!
I love that even though they may complain or grumble about going on yet another hike, within minutes they're smitten with all that God has created for them to explore.

This afternoon we hung out at the McAuliffe-Shepard Discovery Center (Christa McAuliffe was a teacher in our school district who earned a spot aboard the space shuttle Challenger in 1986, which tragically exploded within seconds after take-off- every school in the state was glued to the television watching with wide eyes; it was a huge deal, and so so sad. I was in the 6th grade.)

 This makes me giggle.

 As does this.


You can even broadcast a weather report and watch yourself on TV! It's fun!
Then we saw one of the planetarium shows, which I may or may not have missed about five minutes of due to the fact that I've been wide awake since 3 am (ugh). It was a little long, and slow, and Isabelle was getting a little squirmy, which is what actually woke me up, so I suppose that worked out all right.

 Now I have to go make dinner. I think I want to hire a chef.
And a maid while I'm at it.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...