Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, February 20, 2012

What We've Been Up To

Isabelle just asked me what we are doing today. I told her "laundry." Without missing a beat she groans and answers, with great drama I might add, "Oh not again!" Ha! Funny thing about the whole wearing clothes and having to wash them routine! :)

Saturday was Jonah and Caleb's board-breaking ceremony at Tae Kwon Do...so cool! I forgot my camera, though. Boo. They did such a great job!

Before that, Caleb scored 2 baskets at his game! His coach called him "the secret weapon." That put a big smile on his face! I stayed home with the other kids, cleaning, which probably sounds totally lame but it felt so good! I didn't like missing the game, but sometimes the siblings need a little break too.

Oh, while I've got sports on the brain, we were able to get Ethan on an indoor soccer league, so he got to play Friday afternoon. I love watching him play soccer- he is so fast and agile! And you could just see all over his face how much he enjoyed being part of a team again! I LOVE watching my boys do all their different things!

We thought Saturday afternoon would be the perfect time for a swim so we drove over to the pool- it was so much fun! I guess I forgot my camera a lot on Saturday because I don't have any pictures of that either. We stopped by the grocery store on the way home to pick up frozen pizzas, a Pepperedge Farm chocolate fudge frozen layer cake, and I even got them a Cherry Coke! Gasp! I had to rush though because my girlfriends in our neighborhood were getting together at 7. There's just something so wonderful about connecting with other women- I am the youngest in our group (sorry girls, but it makes me feel good!)- and life's problems seem to shrink a bit after talking with a bunch of good friends.

And I was having a good hair day. Even after swimming, ha! I wasn't feeling so great last week about my hair, but now it seems to be working for me. Phew!

Yesterday's sermon at church was so powerful- it was about how we put limitations on ourselves that God never intended for us, usually because of addictions we fall into, or other sin that engulfs us. I find that so encouraging that God doesn't want us to settle for anything less than the very best- HIS best- for us! It doesn't mean we always get our way, but it's certainly a worthy assurance that we can trust God to fulfill us in ways we could never manage on our own. We just have to get out of our own way sometimes.

The sun was so brilliant and the sky so blue...it was just a glorious morning! My parents came over for lunch, the kids ended up playing with some friends, and then we headed to Oak Hill trail so Ryder could run off some energy. I couldn't stop thinking what a beautiful day it was! It felt like such a gift!
 
{atop the fire tower getting ready to toss the ball to Ryder}
I don't normally climb this because it scares me to death, but I have before, and the view is incredible!

{they all thought it would be funny to toss other things- like their hats and mittens...and shoes- over the edge}
I said no to the shoes, but the other stuff was neat to watch sail through the air

 this cracked me up...do you see why?
Jonah noticed it first













Okay, so not every minute is all sunshine and cherries...























{We found a sink hole. They were sinking, ha ha}










HaHa...I didn't notice Jonah's mouth until I uploaded this!










Last Sunday we celebrated Grandpa's birthday with Bill's family. I love that our kids know their extended families so well!

{Little Abby is getting so big!}
 {Sigh. Boys. }

 {Auntie Kristen with 4-month-old Naomi}



{Isabelle catches a ride with Uncle Jon}

Capturing a good group shot can be a challenge!

 ...going...
 ...going...
 GONE!
Officially lost them!

I've got to include one last picture here...

Look at all those LONG bouncy curls, people! It makes my heart so happy.

Have a great day! I'll be doing laundry.  :)

1 comment:

Marcia said...

I'm with you - I love watching my kids play sports. I thought it would be boring, but I'm so proud of them and I watch every minute. I'm glad you were able to find Ethan an indoor team so he can continue doing what he loves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...