Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Monday, March 19, 2012

The almost-skinny-dipping afternoon...and some more

Swimming!
Yes, my crew took the plunge yesterday afternoon at one of our favorite lakes.
They may have had to strip down to their skivvies.
And then change real quick because people started walking down the path toward us, ha!
Jonah and Caleb dove all the way under, but Ethan and Isabelle couldn't take the chill.
My little arctic wonders! And...we discovered that Ryder likes to swim! He looked soooo cute paddling along!

I didn't get any pictures of the adventure, but I will always remember it! 
I've been really sad about several different things lately, and yesterday was like a healing salve, a wonderful gift. Maybe I will share more later.

Jonah and I had a special date at the Currier Museum. We brought his sketchbook and pencils but didn't end up sitting down drawing for very long. There were a lot of neat exhibits but we loved the painting by Monet the best. There were some other paintings by Spanish and Italian artists and it made me so nostalgic for the time I lived in Spain.

It isn't a date without chocolate milk and cookies!

  We enjoyed green French Toast for St. Patrick's Day. Then they told me I forgot to give them green milk for dinner. So sorry guys! I guess that just ruined the whole day, ha!


Ethan and I spent some time together at the mall this weekend. That wasn't the highlight- the best part was the ride there and back. Boys open up in the car more than any other place.  =)

 I've got such great kids! Sometimes I forget how much I've been blessed.
We celebrate the first day of spring with ice cream cones outside, but since yesterday was warm enough for a dip in the lake, we decided to party a little early.
Guess who had his very first ice cream cone???

 I thought he'd have inhaled the whole thing in one big bite, but he got confused and kept rolling it around on the ground, and then licking the ice cream off the driveway. Silly dog!


Since we were all a bit, um, sandy, we showered earlier than usual and hung out watching a Jeff Corwin DVD. I can totally see one of my kids doing that for a living!

Isabelle and I made granola. It's delicious!

First load of laundry is done and waiting to get hung outside...yay! I had sheets on the line yesterday, and they smell sooooooo good!

Someone is upstairs clearly not happy about something, so I think I'll just stay down here, tending to the clothes for just a few minutes longer than necessary and see what happens. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...