Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Our Forever Family {Reunited} Anniversary

September 4, 2008 - One of the happiest days of my whole life

If I close my eyes, I can still feel the wind along I-93 N blowing against my face from the open car window on our way home from Logan Airport. I remember it felt odd sitting up in the front of the car, since I'd spent the last 3 months either walking through Antigua or taking taxis to the city whenever necessary- you sit in the back in a cab, and it just felt so strange being up front again. Even stranger, I think, is how fresh the air smelled. I will never forget that. It was like taking my first deep breath in such a long time, and the air was so sweet. Perhaps this is my mind playing tricks on me, as we were just outside of an airport, riding along the highway. Nothing too meadow-like in that equation. But it was like heaven to me. I couldn't stop inhaling air from home.

I can't even begin to describe the ecstasy of throwing my arms around my boys. I hadn't seen Ethan or Jonah for 2 months, Caleb for over one. I missed his first day of Kindergarten. I missed the other first days of school. The feeling of seeing and holding those boys again simply doesn't compare with anything else. I kept right on inhaling, my face buried deep against their skin for hours on end. I never wanted to let those little bodies go again.

And here we are, four years later. It's no secret that our adoption journey is marred with many scars and detours, and lots of hidden, obscure valleys to boot. The good thing about those valleys, you can only look UP.  We looked up a lot. Now, in the throes of parenting, we're still looking up and wearing out the carpet beneath our knees. But it has been so worth it. SO WORTH IT! 

If you are considering adopting but don't know where to start, simply pray about it. Pray that God would lead to the right people for advice, guidance, support. Listen to those yearnings in your heart. Be willing to walk forward on the path God has for you. And when those challenges do come, remember to look up.

He is faithful.

Look at that face!
So worth it!

This is one of my favorite pictures of my sweetie and me during our long stay on Guatemala
 My best friend Beth snapped this before we left for church that morning- this was in the courtyard outside our apartment complex where Isabelle and I lived for 2 months

2 comments:

Sennie said...

Happy Forever Family Day!!!

Laura said...

Very sweet! Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...