Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Nor'easters & pretty things

Well we survived another one! I'm really surprised we didn't lose power, and sooooo thankful!! I pretty much stayed in pajamas all day long, baked a couple yummy things, and worked on a little Valentine's Day sewing project.


 I finally got dressed (when I had to) for Ethan's soccer game at 4 o'clock- it did feel good to get out of the house. I'm just not into winter this year, and I'm finding it hard to motivate myself to go outside in arctic, gusty air...which we've had LOTS of this winter.


Anyhoo.

Jonah had brought along his gear in case Ethan's team needed a sub, and he got to play with the big guys! He did last weekend too, but Bill and I could tell he was intimidated since he wasn't playing very aggressively. Well not yesterday! That boy was charging all over the field, had a couple of great stops and came very close to scoring! Ethan's team lost (by a lot), which is certainly humbling, but he moved up in leagues and is now playing against much harder teams. It makes my heart swell to the point of exploding when I watch my boys- now young men- out there, playing their hardest, an essential part of the team. I sit there smiling, nearly having to pinch myself because I just can't believe how my little boys are growing up so fast, and that's them out there!  No longer little, {adorably} uncoordinated, not sure which way to go or what to do, listening to other parents cheering on my boys...as much as I miss those younger days, this newer phase has its joys too.

Okay, now I'm late because I've been rambling on. I'm not even dressed for church yet and we leave, well, soon! Have a wonderful Sunday!  =)

Oh, here is a photo of the table runner I made....it's on the other blog if you want to see more pics! So long!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...