Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Everyday Days

I feel like I don't write down many of our daily life kind of things much anymore, and I know one day I'll look back and desperately wish I had. So that's what this post is going to be!
 
 I die of cuteness, right?

 Look closely at that smile!
First things first, Isabelle has gone and lost her very first tooth, despite my cajoling, threatening, and/or pleading to stay my little baby girl! She was so brave! Not a single tear! In fact, she disappeared upstairs last Tuesday during the snowstorm (that cancelled school) and nonchalantly returned with tiny tooth in tow. "Here Mama, I don't want to lose it before the tooth fairy has a chance to give me my money." Nice.

Jonah scored two goals at his game yesterday, and both sets of grandparents were there to see it too! Ethan and I made a cake together (after the original brownies idea didn't pan out, hardy ha ha ha) so he could decorate it like a Nitrogen atom- is that the correct word? Atom? Particle? Element? Well I know it's an element at least! Other than that, I really can't convince myself to care too much. And Caleb thinks he might be getting to sing a solo at his next concert- he had to miss his last one because he was so sick. Major bummer because those little kid concerts are just one of my favorite things in the whole world to watch!

I've begun reading for fun again, and it's well, fun! This motherhood business is so hard on things like finding balance for needs, wants, and the other, and even determining what are wants, needs, etc. I'm still sewing up a proverbial storm. Business is just again picking up in my little shop, so if you're reading this and you've purchased something, thank you thank you thank you! If you haven't but are still reading just the same, thank you, too! It's gratifying for a wordy girl like me to feel heard sometimes. =)



I haven't yet told Isabelle we're going to visit with some good friends tomorrow, so she's bound to be giddy happy over that news! Does anyone else have as hard a time as I do trying to maintain friendships? I guess I thought once I "grew up" things would fall ever so perfectly into place, and my marriage would be perfect, my children would adore me at all times, and I would have ample time to spend with my many true friends.

Ryder and I went exploring through the woods earlier this morning, and it was a peaceful, lovely hike! Birds chirping, streams rushing, and the sun bright and warm overhead. I must have been lost in thought because we ended up on an unfamiliar trail, and then I couldn't find my back to it after I'd ventured off on a whim, ha! So we backtracked a little and finally found what I thought was the same trail. Until I could see the back end of the hospital (which seemed really, really far from where we'd started!) and realized I must have missed a marker yet again. Oh well. It was a great hike, and a good half an hour longer than anticipated, we reached the van and headed home.

Isabelle and I are going to make something to deliver to our neighbors- maybe the truffles we love so much- along with an invitation to Easter services at church. We still don't know everyone very well, but saying hello with treats seems like a good start, right?

If I'm going to finish (which means I have to start) our Mother-Daughter Easter outfits, plus ties for the guys, then I suppose I had better get to it. Wish me luck! Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Here are some pictures I was just looking at from Isabelle's first Easter at home with us- she looks so tiny!!


I still remember how giddy I was to order that little chicky hair clip from either ebay or Etsy- I had never had a reason to buy little girl accessories before! Also, note the two Easter dresses...one for church and dinner with my parents, the other for church and dinner with Bill's parents. This makes me smile. I just couldn't believe that she was finally here, with me, after waiting so long to bring her home!
Waiting is always hard, but when you're waiting on something -or someone- as precious as this, it is always worth it!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...