Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Accidents. And God's Grace.

I'm so antsy and anxious right now. I can't sit still, think clearly. I tried to zone out in front of the TV but to no avail. Today I faced the prospect of a forever-changed life. I heard the words concussion, severe lacerations, cat scans, stitches, test results, and fractured vertebrae.

Fractured vertebrae.

And then time stopped for a few moments as the words sunk in. My heart lurched in my throat and sank and throbbed and ached all at once as I resisted the panic rising within. As I wondered if they were telling me that my son might be paralyzed.

It's Ethan.

It has been a long, anxious day, but we now know that he will be fine. He has to stay overnight in the hospital - Bill is there with him now - but his neck is not broken and his concussion is minor. He will recover fully, and I am so grateful. This day could have had a very different ending.

I kept rehearsing my "mother speech" to Jonah and Caleb all afternoon. The one that assures them all will be well. The thing that kept coming to mind was a quote from the movie Facing the Giants. "We will praise God if we win, we will praise God if we lose." Different details but the same sentiment. God is good, in every way, all of the time. I am so humbled and grateful for His mercy today. I'll probably share more later, but I just had to get this part written down today.

Ethan is in more pain than he has even experienced before so he could use your prayers. Thank you so much.


3 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh My Goodness! I'll be praying for your precious Ethan!!! Psalm 145:18
The LORD is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth.

Lindsay said...

Oh my! Praying for Ethan and your whole family, too!

Esther said...

Praise God that Ethan will recover. I will pray for him and your family. It is our faith and God's grace that get us through every thing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...