Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Blizzards, Breakfasts and Designer Jeans...

Oh what randomocities (new word there, and I think I like it!) are swirling around inside my head right now. Much like the snow today. And yesterday. And the day before that. And for three days last week.

So what's winter without a good old nor'easter? Without mammoth-sized icicle fangs clambering down the house from the eaves? Without the perpetual muck-colored, gritty puddles from dirty boots that keep multiplying all over my hallway and kitchen floor?

Well, we've had all that, a hundred times over it seems. And I am SO DONE with winter. As in, well...I don't what...but I'm pretty sick of cold and ice and snow and gritty puddles. The irony here is that I know all too well I'll be complaining about the sickly, oppressive heat come June and July.

Maybe I should just stop complaining then.  =)

Today was actually a pretty great day. It started with breakfast out with my two student-sons, an academic advisory meeting of sorts. Or just pancakes. Really, really good pancakes. I even let Jonah get a cup of coffee when he asked, ha! I know he didn't like it that much, but he wasn't about to admit it. Double ha! I'd been planning this for weeks now, but the frequent snowstorms continually put those plans to a screeching halt. So today I went for it!

Nothing else I had planned for the day worked out at all, but you know what? It was okay. It was even better than okay. We had fun anyway. There may not have been as much learning going on, but I got the chance to spoil my guys just a little bit (hence the designer jeans, on sale of course, and with Ethan chipping in; no, Jonah did not walk away empty-handed...as if!). Totally worth it!

So here are some random photos of our random day. How funny that I posted a picture on Instagram this morning declaring my love for that stranger-orb shining so sweetly...and then...at precisely two o'clock the biggest snowflakes I have ever seen began wafting down, covering the car completely in less than five minutes! Amazing and terrifying all at the same time!

Cherry-cheeked big brother giving sister a lift up the hill- so cute!
Until the fighting resumed and Isabelle came in pouting. Oh well.

I enjoyed a lovely half an hour of quiet (before the pouting) while I made cornbread and cornbread muffins to go with our favorite Beef Stew.

Welcome to Buh-lizz-ard Town

Big brother cops up to whacking this one, and tries to make it better by acting silly and making her laugh.
I think it worked.

Someone was getting a little stressed out with all the tension in the air.

Oh right, he looks much calmer now- can you tell they're best friends?
No? They don't absolutely adore each other?

Over the weekend we went to my sweet niece's 3rd birthday party, and I had my picture taken with this cutie- he looks adorable, and I look kinda strange...Let's call it the lighting. And maybe the crazy blushing cheeks. ha ha

Even more cookies.

Biggest brother feigns sleep while Isabelle reads him a story. These are the things I store up and know I will treasure forever.
And the piles of sock laundry just add to the happy. HA We live on the edge, I tell you. 

The most beautiful little girl in my world. Those eyes, that grin, cute as a button nose- all of it!
Though I do see some probable ortho in the works.  ;)

Have a great night! I hope to be sharing that cookie recipe on Friday.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...