Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Fun Stuff

I didn't mean for the whole week to go by without posting about last weekend's adventure. We surprised Ethan and Jonah with tickets to see New England Revolution play at Gillette Stadium...and it was awesome!!!

Clearly we were a little to to the left.  =) But no one was complaining because we were eight rows back from the action. Pretty darn close.


Who, me? That wasn't my foot sticking out in front of him...
Though maybe I should post a pic of the opponents getting reprimanded.
Like this one. Red card, baby. Buh-bye. (I'm a total wimp, though, since I felt bad for the guy. I know, I know.)

Do Paul Revere and his pals attend sporting events in your hometown? Too funny. Behind them was a massive crowd with flags and banners, and extremely loud voices. Did I mention that they were loud. 'Cuz they were. Really loud.
No, really loud. And energetic/excitable/perhaps slightly inebriated.

Just to show the massiveness of the place. This is where the NE Patriots play, only the stands are filled to capacity. I cannot even imagine the crowds. I do not like crowds. I'm having a panic attack just thinking about it.

At the end of the 90 minutes, 3 minutes stoppage time was added to the clock since neither team had scored. And about a minute and a half in, we scored! Unfortunately, this was exactly the time J and W were, well, taking a pit stop so they missed it, but Ethan and I were jumping up and down like crazy. So exciting. I'll remember that moment for the rest of my life. Thankfully, when J and W returned, the Revs had another chance to score with a penalty kick...and they did! 2-0. What a great night!

Until 3 am, when poor Jonah was puking his guts out. And then 4, 5...and so on...

Oh, I forgot about Patriot Place. And the rest of Gillette Stadium. The whole stadium is magnificent- there is shopping and food all along the upper side. I didn't venture inside Victoria's Secret (while with my teenage sons), but the point is, I could have. It was our first time eating at 5 Guys, too - I should have known something was up when J couldn't finish his burger!

Massive. And impressive.

For some reason, this set up reminded me of Hunger Games, when they were training.
 The wall of retired numbers.

Around the corner, there was a kick station (I tried and FAILED every time); everyone else got a field goal. I did get a kink in the back of my leg when I kicked the ball at a weird angle. That was lots of fun. (Not really.)

Hangin' with Jerod Mayo. He seems to be enjoying his rather intense-looking conversation with Jonah.

Jump, Ethan, jump!

Poor guy is going to kill me when he sees this, but I can't help it. The man loves him some Larry Bird.

Okay, so after looking up #51 above, I'm not looking this guy up too...Mr. So and So here was beckoning me to check out his ring. That thing is HUGE! I had no idea the NFL liked its bling so much, ha.

Sorry it's blurry, but you get the idea. That's a whole lotta diamonds.

Caleb is the football fanatic in our house (besides his Dad), so we both agreed that we'd have to bring him down to visit this place. He will love it! Speaking of Caleb, he has had a GREAT start to the season...


Line drive, sending two guys home. We ended up with a 5 or 6 point lead before the second inning.

But this is baseball, and things can change quickly.
Not this night. We ended 15-0. We've been on the "0" end so I know what that feels like. Not a happy place to be.

Oh this picture. I die. Where did my baby boy go?


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...