Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Thinking, Planning, Dreaming

I was going to write about my Girl's Day with Isabelle and my Mom, and then maybe post that recipe for the blueberry coffeecake, but... my mind is seriously mushy after spending multiple hours this week researching curriculum guides, text book options, non-text book options, making school schedules, chore schedules, cooking schedules and all that craziness.

And well, the thing on my mind and heart at the moment is just this: what a beautiful opportunity I have to spend this time with my children.

I don't have to be perfect (never gonna happen anyway), I don't have to have the perfect outline or schedule or whatever. I can simply love my kids. I can invest in their hearts and minds. I can be there for them, as we work and play, but also as we navigate the community and world around us.

And I can be thankful for this amazing, challenging, life-changing opportunity.

And whatsoever ye do, be in it in word or deed,
do all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through Him.
                                                                                                                             Colossians 3:17

I hope you are encouraged today, as I have been this whole week. Have a fun-filled, exciting, amazing day!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...