Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Random Midweek Highlights

I cannot believe how close we are to the end of this school year! I'm ready, but I'm not ready yet, either. I think this is pretty much the same sentiment I have every middle of May, ha.

Last week, Caleb attended a job fair at a local college. He played the part of an aerospace engineer (cool!) and had to pay bills and support a family on his salary, kind of like the game Life. He said he had a great day! Look at how grown up and handsome he is now. Even though I have a baby, I still think of Caleb as my last baby boy. Maybe that makes Levi my bonus baby boy? ;)


 Caleb is still active with his school's Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA) group, so every Friday we have our own little before-school routine, and I love it. He pumps gas, grabs a coffee, gives me a sip, and then we drive around for a little while, just talking, before it's time to head to school for his meeting. I'm really going to miss our Friday mornings!

Maybe I posted this earlier? Sorry if I did, I cannot keep a straight thought to save my life lately!
I realized I have been working a lot more and playing with him a lot less these days, so we grabbed some lunch for a picnic on this rare sunny day. Someone liked McD's French Fries...oh wait, it was Wendy's because I got their wrap...regardless, definitely a fan. :)

We dropped Isabelle off for piano and headed to the little playground to swing, but then needed some shade- we aren't used to the hot sun yet. His look sums up the confused feelings he has towards grass. ha ha ha  It seems to be a love-hate relationship right now.

And every single time we get in the car, this whole game begins.
One...
 ...and two
You can see why I don't bother with shoes. I don't mind losing the occasional sock out and about, but I can't handle losing shoes. Good thing the weather is improving!

I got a handle on orders and wanted to make something fun for Isabelle. This top sewed up so quickly, and it's super cute, so I surprised her after school. She loves it! I have to remind her that it isn't the best thing to wear the same top three days in the same school week, especially since you're basically pulling it out of the hamper at that point. ;)
Those sleeves!
Isn't it adorable!?!
 My little girl is not so little anymore. Such a beauty, inside and out.

Time to move All The Things from underneath the sink. Enough said.

I think Levi is wearing blue and green in all these pictures...so much for not repeating, right?
Since I swapped the table and chairs from the sun room to the kitchen, we've been spending lots more time out here now. It's a fun little space to be in, and my sewing set up is right next door, so it works out well.

My Mother's Day roses and a pretty morning.
Once the leaves fill in, the sun won't flood in here like this, so I'm basically in love with this scene. There's just something special about early mornings, the stillness and quiet, before everyone else is up and moving.

Speaking of Mother's Day, my Mom and me when I was about six.
Sunday wasn't the best day, for lots of different reasons. That's life, I guess. They can't all be fabulous days, even the ones you want to stand out as such.
More light obsessed mornings.
From last week- I wrote a novella on IG about this particular scene, maybe a slightly different picture, so I'm not going to repeat it here. You're welcome. =)
Also, I can't bring myself to put the curtains back up after removing them to paint. Do you have to have window coverings up or can you leave them plain? I'm currently undecided, but leaning towards plain.

Last week I shared my tortellini with Levi and I couldn't shovel it onto his tray fast enough. Since he has been under the weather and kind of moody this week, I figured I'd delight him with more.
And he proceeded to toss every single morsel over the edge and into the dog's mouth. Wouldn't even put one piece in his mouth. Man, babies are fickle creatures!

This was yesterday afternoon, the first day we'd seen any sun- or milder temps- in about a week. 
He kept his foot up in the air the entire time, ha ha. Ignore the mess of a yard all around him- we're working on it, slowly but surely. And landscaping is not cheap, even all the DIY stuff we do!





Minus the pesky bugs, yesterday afternoon was the stuff motherhood dreams are made of. Fresh air never felt so good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...