Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Ten on Ten :: May 2017


With baseball, soccer, school stuff, running a small business, and well, LIFE, it has been a busy week! But I'm so glad I've remembered to document the tenth day of every month this year. I think it's so neat to look back and reread these posts because they really capture our days. Always something wonderful and beautiful to be found in the ordinary moments.


Levi woke up the first time around 10 pm, and after trying to console him for a long while- without success- he ended up in our bed. An elbow kept jabbing me all night, and then a random smack right across my face. Um...thanks, buddy. I couldn't sleep from about midnight till three, but at least he was quiet. Normally I'm up at 4:00, but today it was a bit later and the sun was just coming up- when the trees leaf out in a few weeks, I won't see the sun rising anymore. So I'm savoring it now.

It's Donut Wednesday, and this week, we had the good stuff :)
I don't even remember when this tradition started, but then it morphed into Donut & Coffee Wednesday, and it stuck. I skipped it entirely one week and I was so bummed because then I actually had to think about what to make for breakfast. Duh. ha ha

I may not have slept, but he did...once he was in my bed. He sure was a happy camper this morning. I wonder if donuts had anything to do with that...

I'm working on a new landscaping project in our front yard. Levi wouldn't stay put on the blanket I spread out for him, complete with tons of toys, so I plopped him in the jogger for a few minutes while I worked. He still loves it when I sing to him, and that keeps him quite content for a long while. Then, when he's done, he's DONE. Time to toss in some laundry and clean up a bit before nap time.

I was relieved when he laid down without protest today.
I haven't been able to make myself finish painting the last coats on the doors and trim inside, so I decided to put a new coat on one of our back doors. Weird, right? It looks nice, but the doors and trim bug me every.single.time I go upstairs, so I have got to finish!

All dressed and fed and ready to head out. But first, a picture to send to Daddy and big brothers at school. Because that's what you do when you're this cute. ha ha

I've been on the hunt for a cherry tree and I fiiiinally found one that's the right shape and size. Look at this stud muffin with one hand on the wheel and one arm out the window. I die of cuteness. It was his very first time riding in the Big Boy wagon! I don't think I'll put him in it again for a few more weeks- it was a little big for him and he kept sliding down. :/

Trying to get more steps in so we parked all the way across the lot. On IG, I posted some fun pictures of trying to load up a tree inside the van. Good times. We finally managed, but someone did not want to pose with me.
Then we ran into the store for some pastry treats for my Mom and Dad, since it's their anniversary. I held Levi and figured it would be a quick in-and-out kind of trip. I was wrong. Ugh, some people... ha ha

Someone thought he was just hilarious reaching out to touch the branches when I was yelling at him to "just look, just look!" from the front seat. Note the torn leaves, HA.
 And it's all smiles and giggles when the car becomes a jungle.
Until it falls over and dangles over your head. #momfail #hesfine
I'm slowly but surely adding some fun things to my new shop for little boys, dash & dapper.
I finished these adorable shorties bloomers last night and wanted to get some pictures taken before it got too dark tonight. Love this fun print!
 Especially on those cute legs!

Caleb had baseball practice and Ethan was at the gym and doing some school things, so the four of us headed up to my parent's house to wish them a happy anniversary. 48 years! I love that my kids see their grandparents all the time. Levi was in a really good mood, too, so he put on quite the show for everyone- it's so fun watching my Dad interact with him. He sure keeps him young!

And then it was time for bath and bed, and hanging out together for a bit, only Levi was just crying and it isn't even 9 o'clock. Oh man, we might be in for it again tonight. I'd better head up there...wish me luck!

It was a low-key day, but such a good one. Hope yours was too. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...