Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Friday, January 26, 2018

Dining Room Before and After...Still in Progress


I think this room has come a long way since we began two years ago. We moved in when I was six months pregnant (mid-December), and I was able to paint the window trim white, but everything else remained the same until a few weeks before Levi's first birthday. That was stressful and a lot of hard work, but I have no regrets about pushing ourselves to get it done before the big day. It made a world of difference, and I actually loved this room for the first time.
We hadn't even put the covers back on yet, ha!, but I remember feeling ridiculously happy about how it was all turning out.

I was thrilled with how it all came together for Levi's first birthday party. Posted HERE.


The white trim was a big improvement, and we removed the lower grids, for Levi's baby shower. You can read the whole post HERE.


That summer, we hired a company to replace our windows, and I feel it was so worth the investment.

Oh dear, I guess this post is jumping all around. This was literally the second week we lived here. Wherever there were nails (or really big screws, as were everywhere here), I hung up something with zero guilt or hemming and hawing. After we painted, it was months before I could bring myself to put a hole in the wall.


Fast forward two Christmases...
The above shelf was installed a couple weeks before Christmas after debating for over a year about to add to the wall right there. I just couldn't commit! I finally pulled up my big girl pants and pulled the trigger. It's from Target (online) and was on sale for just under twenty-two bucks. I have loved it since day one. (I did switch the tables since it made more sense to keep the drink station underneath the cup hooks.)

And here is how the space looks today...






I don't normally share this particular viewpoint or angle because I just don't like it. ha ha

What I mean is, I'm not a fan of this hole in the wall/ pass through. The additional light is fabulous because our kitchen is dark dark dark, but other than that it serves absolutely no purpose. No bueno. I've been thinking about what to do here for a long, long time, and I think we've come up with a plan. We'll be removing the oak woodwork, cutting down the wall to counter height, and adding a new counter top with bar stools on the kitchen side. That will add much needed counter space and offer additional seating, always challenging real estate to find with five kiddos. We'll also be replacing the chandelier and building a sliding barn door for the pantry, hopefully in the near-ish future. I'll keep you posted.

I'm still quite undecided about putting the curtain rods and curtains back up. Maybe some wooden blinds instead? Plantations shutters?  Or just leave them nekked? Thoughts welcome! :)
Happy Friday. Have a fabulous weekend!

Paint: 
Olympic One (paint + primer) "Fog" in Flat
Off the shelf Ultra White Semi-Gloss for trim and wainscoting

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I love how much brighter the room is! You have such a good vision for creating beautiful spaces.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...