Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
1 Corinthians 3:17

Tuesday, March 13, 2018

This Week's Menu + Recipes

We're bracing for our THIRD nor'easter in two weeks here and the snow is already falling. Thankfully my husband is working from home and schools everywhere are canceled- everywhere is cancelled, we have gone soft in recent years, ha ha!- so I don't have to worry all day about anyone having to drive. Oh! I just remembered that Jonah works this evening...we will have to discuss that one later...

So moving on, I love seeing what other busy Mamas plan for their family's meals, so I thought I'd share mine from this past week. Honestly I wish we could go out to eat more, but the cost is INSANE with all these big appetites around here, so we really don't eat out all together very often anymore. I'll post the recipes I've blogged about...enjoy! If you have any questions, ask away!

I guess this post should actually be titled: LAST week's menu, but... ha ha

Or how about this for an alternate title: 147 plates to prepare! That's three meals a day, times seven people! Seven. It doesn't normally phase me, but when I was writing it all out, it seems like a LOT.

Monday
Jonah's birthday!!!
Breakfast: donuts
Lunch: leftover pizza...score!!!
Dinner: BLT's on specialty bread, corn chowder - so good!- and strawberry shortcake

Tuesday
Breakfast: eggs on toast
Lunch: easy homemade macaroni and cheese
 
Dinner: Hungry Jack casserole, peas, squash (I don't think I've blogged about this one but it's a favorite! I will have to remedy that soon.)

Wednesday
Breakfast: Donut Wednesday!!!! (apple fritters...kinda donuted out, ha!)
Lunch: chicken sandwiches, snacks
Dinner: I really cannot remember, and neither can the kids, ha! So I'll post another favorite: beef stew in the crock pot & EASY homemade yeast rolls



Thursday
Breakfast: SNOW DAY! apple pancakes, sausages

Lunch: ummm...sandwiches? toasted cheese sandwiches I think...
Dinner: kielbasa & noodles (adults ate veggie-heavy pasta salad), squash

Friday
 
Breakfast: puff pancake with fruit
Lunch: frozen pizza, snacks
Dinner: burger & fries Friday


Saturday
Breakfast: Dad's homemade waffles with berries - no recipe, but you gotta include a pretty waffle picture, amiright?? ;)
Lunch: soft pretzels & lemonade iced tea at the mall...oops! But it was SO yummy!
Dinner: baked fish, sweet potatoes & potatoes, steamed carrots, steamed baby spinach

Sunday
Breakfast: blueberry muffins, scrambled eggs & hash browns
 
 (eek! that's an old one!!!)
Lunch: tuna sandwiches
Dinner: quesadillas & nachos

Share some of your favorites in the comments, or if you have a similar post, include a link! I love getting new ideas! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...